This group provides support to graduate students struggling with the concerns that are unique to them. Students joining this group will have the opportunity to discuss and explore the ways in which the graduate school experience affects their lives. The group is designed to be a place where members can share their experiences at their own pace, while receiving the supportive input of their fellow students.
Common concerns that may be discussed include:
- feeling like an "imposter"
- feeling isolated from other parts of the UT community or from non-graduate student friends
- positive/negative experiences with peers and advisors
- stress related to career development and post-graduation plans
- dealing with "writer's block" and other barriers to completing their degree
- struggling to establish a work/life balance
- dealing with competition from within their cohort
Join this group and find connection with other graduate students who are dealing with the same concerns as you!
In most Cases, before joining a group or class, students meet with the group leaders to determine if a particular group or class is a good fit for them. To set up a pre-group interview, please call 512-475-6923.
Click here to view the availability of this group.